Full Contact Contender 5 took place this past weekend at the Premier Suite in Bolton’s Reebok Stadium. The event delivered a card packed with exciting amateur bouts, giving some of the UK’s best up and coming talent the chance to showcase their skills. The main and co-main event bouts were the only professional MMA fights on the card.
From the moment I entered the venue right through to the moment I left, I was blown away by the professionalism of the FCC staff, the smooth running of the event and the performances laid down by all of the fighters on the night. The venue was packed with over 2 thousand passionate fans and supporters, who helped to create a fantastic atmosphere on the night.
In the main event of the evening, Pietro Menga defeated Mark Platts to become the FCC pro flyweight champion. Menga took control early, landing some crisp jabs and leg kicks. Platts attempted to return fire and threw a body kick, but Pietro managed to catch Mark’s leg and score a take-down. Once on the ground, Menga was able to take control and secure an arm triangle, after freeing his legs from Platts’ guard he moved over and secured the victory.
In the co-main event, Ste Nightingale picked up a victory over Declan Williams in a pro bantamweight matchup. After a brief period of back and forth striking, Williams dropped Nightingale and managed to take top position. Nightingale began to work off his back and was able to secure a triangle. Williams tried his best to defend the triangle, but began taking some heavy punches and elbows to the head from Nightingale. After softening Williams up with more strikes, Nightingale was able to tighten up the triangle and secure the tap.
Elsewhere on the card, Kevin Fryer took home the interim amateur middleweight title by defeating Kristoff Pachucki. Callum Brady won the vacant welterweight title after securing a first round triangle choke submission victory over James Lewis. Lastly, Lee Richardson locked in a rear-naked choke just over 2 minutes into his bout with Liam Davies, securing the tap. He took home the FCC interim lightweight title.
The full FCC 5 results are below:
FCC Flyweight Title
- Pietro Menga def. Mark Platts via Submission (arm triangle) at 2:42 – Rd. 1
Professional Bantamweight Contest
- Ste Nightingale def. Declan Williams via Submission (triangle choke) – 3:46 – Rd. 1
Unified Amateur Fights
FCC Interim Middleweight Title
- Kevin Fryer def. Kristoff Pachucki via Unanimous Decision.
FCC Welterweight Title
- Callum Brady def. James Lewis via Submission (triangle choke) – 0:56 – Rd. 1
FCC Interim Lightweight Title
- Lee Richardson def. Liam Davies via Submission(rear-naked choke) – 2:12 – Rd. 1
- Andy Eatock def. Michal Piszchek via TKO – 2:00 – Rd. 1
- Joe Nazokatov def. Callum Gagham via KO – 3:52 – Rd. 1
- Chris Senior def. Aaron Johnson via Submission (arm triangle) – Rd.1
- Aaron Aby def. Tom Murray via Submission to Strikes – 2:30 – Rd.1
- Dave Bull def. James Reece via Submission (rear-naked choke) – 1:37 – Rd. 1
- Danny Cullen def. Will Cairns via Submission (arm triangle) at 2:04 – Rd. 1
- Ashley Reece def. Dean Gaskell via Unanimous Decision.
- Kenneth Richardson def. Michael Oliver via Submission (Peruvian Necktie) – 1:40 – Rd. 1
- Daniel Randolph def. Ryan Robinson via Submission (kimura) – 1:32 – Rd. 1
- Jonno Mears def. Lee Hill via Unanimous Decision.
- Jason Jacques def. Trent Woodcock via Submission (bulldog choke) – 1:27 – Rd. 2
- Paul Maddocks def. Antonio Sheldson via TKO (G&P) – 0:29 – Rd. 3
- Ste Henshaw def. Dan Riley via TKO – 0:35 – Rd. 1
- Ben Gratton def. Nick Grady via Split Decision.
- Amir Ghasemi def. Grant Kirby via Submission (rear-naked choke) – 1:12 – Rd. 1
- Adil Hussein def. Lewis Drew via TKO – 1:57 – Rd. 2
Stay close to The MMA Review (www.themmareview.co.uk) for all the latest FCC news.
Jay Cee – @JayCeeMMA